Özyeğin University, Çekmeköy Campus Nişantepe District, Orman Street, 34794 Çekmeköy - İSTANBUL
Phone : +90 (216) 564 90 00
Fax : +90 (216) 564 99 99
Özyeğin University awards tuition waivers to eligible newly admitted/placed undergraduate students. Tuition waivers awarded at the time of enrollment are called “Admission Scholarships”.
2011-2012 Undergraduate Admission Scholarships
ÖzyeğinBelow are the brief descriptions and scopes of the admission scholarships awarded to students admitted to undergraduate programs of Özyeğin University in the 2011-2012 academic year:
|Full Tuition Waiver||:||Full tuition waiver|
|Scholarship %50||:||50% tuition waiver|
|Scholarship %25||:||25% tuition waiver|
Full scholarship recipients are exempt from the annual technology fee of 300 TL.
Each enrolled student is issued with a personal computer.
Scholarship Ugrades And Additional Scholarship Opportunities
For top ranking students admitted to School of Law with full scholarship;
- Top 100 in the relevant LYS score type, a monthly cash stipend of 750 TL,
- Between 101 and 1.000 in the relevant LYS score type, a monthly cash stipend of 450 TL or housing support,
- Between 1.001 and 5.000 in the relevant LYS score type, a monthly cash stipend of 300 TL
For students placed to the undergraduate programs of the School of Economics and Administrative Sciences and the School of Engineering by listing Özyeğin University among their top six preferences, the following scholarship opportunities are provided:
For Top Ranking Students in the relevant LYS score type
- For students in the Top 1.000, a monthly cash stipend of 1.100 TL
- For students ranked between1.001 and 5.000, a monthly cash stipend of 800 TL
- For students ranked between 5.001 and 10.000, a monthly cash stipend of 300 TL
For Those Holding International Degrees (IB, Abitur etc) TUBİTAK Degrees (*)
- Tuition waivers of students placed to OzU with 25 % scholarship are increased to 50%.
- Tuition waivers of students placed to OzU with 50% scholarship are increased to 75%.
- Students placed to OzU with Full Scholarship by ranking in the top 10,000 are granted a monthly cash stipend of 800 TL, while the remaining full scholarship recipients are awarded with a monthly cash stipend of 300 TL, in addition to their full tuition waivers.
Monthly cash stipends are awarded for a period of 10 months between the month of September and June.
(*) Students Holding International Degrees (IB, Abitur, etc) and TUBİTAK Degrees
- Those holding an IB diploma with a diploma score of 32 or better
- Those holding an ABITUR diploma with a diploma score of 2.3 or better
- Those holding a MATURA diploma with a diploma score of 2.0 or better
- Those holding a MATURITA diploma with a diploma score of 80 or better
- Those holding a FRENCH BACCALAUREATE diploma with a diploma score of at least 14 (In case of diplomas issued by high schools in Turkey, a diploma score of at least 70, provided that the diploma is equivalent with French Baccalaureate),
- Those who completed at least 3 courses with at least a Grade 4 within the scope of AP Programs
Those who received a ranking in national or international science olympiads organized by TUBİTAK(The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and/or in science project competitions while studying at high school.
Admission Scholarship Term And Continuity
- Scholarships are non-refundable and are valid for six academic years for those who attend the English Language Preparatory Program prior to their undergraduate program, provided that students spend maximum two years in the program; and for five years for those who directly start their undergraduate programs provided that students are not subject to any disciplinary action and attend classes. Scholarships are applicable for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Students who interrupt their undergraduate studies without the approval of the university by failing to renew their registration, exceed their maximum period of scholarship or fail to complete the English Preparatory Program at the end of their second academic year lose their scholarships.
- %100, 50% and 25% tuition waivers continue irrelevant of academic standing.
- Cash stipends continue as long as students achieve a cumulative and a semester GPA of at least 2.50 over 4.00 at the end of each semester. Students who fail to satisfy the academic standing requirement will lose their right to scholarships in the following semester and their eligibility will be reinstated when they satisfy the academic standing requirement again.
Support Scholarship For Graduate Studies
This is a form of scholarship awarded annually to the top ten students of the School of Law who graduated in the respective year with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.50.
- The top five graduates: A scholarship of up to 20,000 Euros to promote them to pursue their graduate education abroad in one of the universities recognized by Özyeğin University
The second best five graduates: Full scholarship provided that they are admitted to one of the graduate programs offered by Özyeğin University.