Özyeğin University, Çekmeköy Campus Nişantepe District, Orman Street, 34794 Çekmeköy - İSTANBUL
Phone : +90 (216) 564 90 00
Fax : +90 (216) 564 99 99
Özyeğin University awards tuition waivers to eligible newly admitted/placed undergraduate students. Tuition waivers awarded at the time of enrollment are called “Admission Scholarships”.
2013 - 2014 Admission Scholarships
Below are the brief descriptions and scopes of the admission scholarships to be awarded to newly admitted undergraduate students:
Full Scholarship : Full tuition waivers
75% Scholarship : 75% tuition waiver
50% Scholarship : 50% tuition waiver
25% Scholarship : 25% tuition waiver
Full scholarship recipients are exempt from the annual technology fee.
Each enrolled student is issued with a personal computer.
Scholarship Ugrades and Additional Scholarship Opportunities
You may find below our additional scholarship opportunities for students who are placed at OzU by OSYM with full tuition waiver, by ranking among the top 15,000 in the score type of their program and listing Özyeğin University among their top six university preferences.
|Ranking||Cash Stipends||Housing, Dining Scholarships|
|Top 100||Monthly 800 TL||Housing + Dining Scholarships|
|101 – 1000||Monthly 600 TL||Housing + Dining Scholarships|
|1001 – 5000||Monthly 400 TL||Housing + Dining Scholarships|
|5001 – 10.000||Monthly 300 TL||Housing + Dining Scholarships|
|10.001 – 15.000||-||Housing Scholarships|
Cash Stipends: Transportation and meal plan support is awarded for a period of 9 months between October and June.
Dining Scholarship: Covers a monthly meal plan support of 160 TL awarded for a period of 9 months between October and June.
Housing Scholarship: Provides an exemption from the lowest housing fees for students who wish to stay at the OzU dormitories, or monthly transportation support of 300 TL for students who do not wish to stay at the OzU dorms. Monthly transportation request needs to be made to Student Services The scholarship is awarded for a period of 9 months between October and June.
Recipients of International Diplomas (IB, Abitur etc) or TUBITAK awards who have been placed at an OzU program by ranking it among their top six preferences (*)
- Tuition waivers of students placed to OzU with 25 % scholarship are increased to 50%.
- Tuition waivers of students placed to OzU with 50% scholarship are increased to 75%.
- Tuition waivers of students placed to OzU with 75% scholarship are increased to 100%.
- Students placed to OzU with Full scholarship are granted housing scholarship in addition to their full tuition waivers.
(*) Students Holding International Degrees (IB, Abitur, etc) and TUBİTAK Degrees
- Those holding an IB diploma with a diploma score of 32 or better
- Those holding an ABITUR diploma with a diploma score of 2.3 or better
- Those holding a MATURA diploma with a diploma score of 2.0 or better
- Those holding a MATURITA diploma with a diploma score of 80 or better
- Those holding a FRENCH BACCALAUREATE diploma with a diploma score of at least 14 (In case of diplomas issued by high schools in Turkey, a diploma score of at least 70, provided that the diploma is equivalent with French Baccalaureate),
- Those who completed at least 3 courses with at least a Grade 4 within the scope of AP Programs
- Those who received a ranking in national or international science olympiads organized by TUBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and/or in science project competitions while studying at high school.
Students are not entitled to all of the additional scholarships listed, other than tuition waivers, but only to the highest additional scholarship they are eligible to receive based on their status
Scholarship Term and Continuity
- Scholarships are non-refundable and are valid for six academic years for those who attend the English Language Preparatory Program prior to their undergraduate program, provided that students spend maximum two years in the program; and for five years for those who directly start their undergraduate programs provided that students are not subject to any disciplinary action and attend classes. Scholarships are applicable for the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Students who interrupt their undergraduate studies without the approval of the university by failing to renew their registration, exceed their maximum period of scholarship or fail to complete the English Preparatory Program at the end of their second academic year will lose their scholarships. Students who fail to complete the English Preparatory Program by the end of their second year can regain their tuition waivers, except for additional scholarships, provided that they renew their registrations, fulfill the English language proficiency requirement within three academic years, and start their undergraduate programs.
- %100, 75%, 50% and 25% tuition waivers continue irrelevant of academic standing.
- Cash stipends, as well as housing, dining and book scholarships continue as long as students achieve a cumulative and a semester GPA of at least 2.50 over 4.00 at the end of each semester. Students who fail to satisfy the academic standing requirement will lose their right to scholarships in the following semester and their eligibility will be reinstated when they satisfy the academic standing requirement again.
Support Scholarship for Graduate Studies
Students placed in their programs ranking among the top 2000 and graduated from Özyeğin University with a Cumulative GPA of at least 3.65 will be supported to pursue their doctoral studies. To that end, students who are admitted to a doctoral degree program without scholarships at a university listed among the top 20 based on the Shanghai Jiao Tong (www.arwu.org) university ranking will be granted with USD 40,000 of non-refundable scholarships for their first years.